ADVERT FOR FINANCE ADMIN OFFICER (Volunteer) POSITION
Community Empowerment for Peace and Development (CEPAD) is a voluntary non profit-making organization that works to resist violence, transform conflicts, and build peace in communities. Founded in 2014 By Ugandan women who have worked in conflict zone for more than a decade and are scholars of peace and conflict management. CEPAD registered entity with Arua district local government, a member of Arua district NGO forum, West Nile Humanitarian platform. The organization since its inception has worked with civil society organizations, particularly the youth, women, faith-based, refugee population and traditional structures in West Nile to transform conflicts, and to promote nonviolent and democratic principles. Based in Arua, Uganda, CEPAD works with vulnerable groups and partners across the country to support individuals and organizations to enhance skills needed to transform violent conflicts and build bridges across ethnic, religious, and political divides. CEPAD is established on the belief and conviction that just, peaceful, and democratic societies can be achieved by people who are conscious and aware of their civil and political rights.
The Finance Officer (volunteer) reports to the Head of Finance and Admin/Executive Director
The contract period is three (3) months with possibility of extension based on performance and funding.
CEPAD would like to hire a Finance officer volunteer to be based in the head office in Arua. The overall responsibility of the Finance Officer is to ensure overall implementation of the finance policy and accountability for funds as stipulated in the key duties below;
• Ensures compliance with CEPAD established financial policies and procedures.
• Suggest formats for financial reporting to aid financial statement users to better understand the contents of the reports for decision-making and strategic planning purposes.
• Draft CEPAD balance sheet and obtain annual certification according to deadline of development partners.
• Ensures the maintenance of accurate records of financial transactions of the organization.
• Maintain accounts system ensuring all accounting data are updated, reconciled and fully supported.
• Manages monthly net assets of the organisation by ensuring that on a monthly basis balance sheet accounts (cash, receivable, payable accounts) reconciliations are completed in a timely manner and any unusual balances are clearly documented and reported to appropriate level of management.
• Ensures CEPAD compliance with tax regulations and other legal requirements.
• Ensures that allocations of management support costs are done using the proper method of allocation.
• Ensures that all procurement transactions are completed in accordance with CEPAD standard procurement procedures and specific donor requirements.
• Liaises with external auditors
• Prepare financial statements that comply with acceptable standards and regulations
• Performs other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
• Prepare the work contracts.
• Assist the Chief Executive Officer in defining the contractual levels relative to local staff.
• Ensure the preparation of pay rolls of the local workers and potential fiscal declarations on work incomes.
• Ensure payment of salaries and wages, of social burdens/duties and insurance policies foreseen by the law for local staff employed in the coordination office and in projects.
Cash and Banking
• Ensure that all cash transactions are supported by adequate documents and authorizations.
• Ensure the control of bank accounts transactions including negotiation of fees, interest and currency exchange rates.
• Ensuring the timely preparation of all cash and bank accounts reconciliations.
• Ensuring the evidence of all contractual, employee receivables and other forms of receivables and payables.
• Assist the management team in the preparation of CEPAD Office annual budget and review.
• Provide CEPAD office’s monthly expenditure report including the budgets variances.
• Provide assistance to understanding and application of specific donor rules and regulations and compliance to donors’ grant administrative requirements and budgets variances.
• University Degree in Financing and accounting from a recognized institution with at least one year experience
• Diploma in finance with at least two years’ experience working with an NGO
• A CPA/ACCA is an advantage
• Good knowledge of accounting software’s like excel, quick book, Tally etc
• Excellent computer literacy and reporting skills
• High analytical skills, be able to see patterns, be a fast thinker and a good decision maker.
• Excellent communication, networking and Team building skills.
• Results/action-orientation project management skills.
• Organizational and political agility; developed negotiation skills.
• Proven ability to write documents in a concise, convincing manner.
• Ability to operate successfully with a high degree of autonomy.
• Unquestionable personal code of confidentiality, ethics, integrity.
HOW TO APPY
CEPAD is an equal opportunity and inclusive organization, individuals that meet the above requirements can send a motivation letter, CV to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating clearly on the email subject the position. The deadline is 9th/10/2020 17hours EAT. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.